FLORIDA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
RN TO BSN PROGRAM
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
FAMILY HEALTH ASSESSMENT
After you have read chapter 20 of the class textbook and review the PowerPoint presentation, choose a family in your community and conduct a family health assessment using the following questions below.
1. Family composition.
Type of family, age, gender and racial/ethnic composition of the family.
2. Roles of each family member. Who is the leader in the family? Who is the primary provider? Is there any other provider?
3. Do family members have any existing physical or psychological conditions that are affecting family function?
4. Home (physical condition) and external environment; living situation (this must include financial information). How the family support itself.
For example; working parents, children or any other member
5. How adequately have individual family members accomplished age-appropriate developmental tasks?
6. Do individual family member’s developmental states create stress in the family?
7. What developmental stage is the family in? How well has the family achieve the task of this and previous developmental stages?
8. Any family history of genetic predisposition to disease?
9. Immunization status of the family?
10. Any child or adolescent experiencing problems
11. Hospital admission of any family member and how it is handled by the other members?
12. What are the typical modes of family communication? It is affective? Why?
13. How are decisions make in the family?
14. Is there evidence of violence within the family? What forms of discipline are use?
15. How well the family deals with crisis?
16. What cultural and religious factors influence the family health and social status?
17. What are the family goals?
18. Identify any external or internal sources of support that are available?
19. Is there evidence of role conflict? Role overload?
20. Does the family have an emergency plan to deal with family crisis, disasters?
Identify 3 nursing diagnosis and develop a short plan of care using the nursing process.
Please present a summary of your assessment in an APA format on a 12 Arial font, word document attached to the forum in the discussion tab of the blackboard title “family assessment” for evidence-based practice references besides the class textbook to sustain your grading and in Turnitin to verify originality. Please use at least 3 scholarly assessment. A minimum of 1000 words are required, excluding the first and reference page (Websites can be used but will not count toward grading). 2 replies to any of your peer’s assessment/posting are required sustained with the proper references. You must identify two family problems and present a nursing care plan using the nursing process addressing the problems.
The assignment must be posted in the discussion tab of the blackboard for your peers to discuss and in Turnitin to verify originality.
If you have any questions, please contact me via e-mail as soon as possible.