Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Poetry is a form of writing with a distinctive style and rhythm. Some poetry rhymes, but there other genres include free-form, narrative, and lyrical poetry.
Choose a topic (e.g., a person, place, or thing), and complete the following:
- Write a poem of 10–20 lines about it.
- Include imagery and sensory language (e.g., sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste).
- Post your poem on the Discussion Board.
In 2–3 paragraphs, discuss the following:
- Describe the process you used to write the poem (e.g., how did you go about choosing the topic?).
- Why did you choose to rhyme or not to rhyme?
- Did you find this easy or difficult to write? Explain your answer.