Part One: Read “Topic 2: Vargas Case Study.” Complete a Cultural Formulation Interview based on the “Cultural Formulation” section in the DSM-5 and given the new information learned in session two of the Vargas case study. Refer to the attached CFI form for guidance and complete the CFI template.
Include a citation for the Cultural Formulation Interview. APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Part Two: Review the Topic 2: Vargas Family Case Study. Write a 750-1,000-word paper in which you demonstrate how therapists apply psychoanalytic and cognitive-behavioral theories to analyze the presenting problem(s) and choose appropriate interventions.
Be sure to answer the following questions in your paper:
- What are the two main presenting problems for the Vargas family?
- How are the problems maintained according to: a) The psychoanalytic perspective? b) The cognitive-behavioral perspective?
- What interventions would you plan to use in your next session?
- From the psychoanalytic perspective (identify and describe your plan for two interventions)
- From the cognitive-behavioral perspective (identify and describe your plan for two interventions)
Cite at least three academic sources (peer-reviewed journal articles, books, etc.).
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin