Business Plan/Contract PPY Presentation
- Generate a professional Power Point presentation that sums the following areas:
- Introduction to topic, include introducing yourself(15 yrs as an RN with background in ER,Surgical ICU and Trauma ICU), why this is important (1 slide)(provide care to those who live in rural Florida)
- Develop a business plan to start or manage a practice (6-10), identify SWOT analysis, marketing plan, key stakeholders, reimbursement, insurance issues, a solid budget plan (expense and revenue sheet)
- Construct an employment contract for an advanced practice nurse in your selected care setting. (3-4)) Be specific. What should APN ask for salary, vacation, Health insurance, dental, vision, long and short term insurance, professional development/education fees, professional journals, any others?
- Compare the legal, ethical, and contractual considerations for APN in the employment setting (2-3 slides)
- Inclusive of references in presentation, and references then fully presented in final slide of presentation as a reference page (1-2 slides)
- Use APA for formatting/FOLLOW RUBRIC
- Presentation should be minimally 25 slides, enough slides to appropriately cover material being presented
- Presentation is to be designed as if you, the APN, were seeking funding for starting your own clinic.
- Presentation to include:Contract portion is to be designed as if student/APN was seeking a position. What would an APN want in the contract? Provide details within the contract about salary, insurances, benefits, duties, etc
- Type of clinic( Clinic and on call services with in house visits(concierge concept), clientele serving(all population), location(FLORIDA)
- Mission/vision statement
- DETAILED budget analysis. Expense and revenue reports
- Insurance and reimbursement: Provide information on expected revenue. What would an APN charge for certain visits (sick versus health check), what is epected pay from insurance types (private, Medicare/Medicaid?)
- Contract portion is to be designed as if student/APN was seeking a position. What would an APN want in the contract? Provide details within the contract about salary, insurances, benefits, duties, etc.
- MUST USE NOTES SECTION. NO AUDIO. Use the notes section to discuss content. Professor will be assessing analysis and synthesis of understanding of the content)