Assignment 1: Discussion—Feasibility Analysis—Marketing
Tracy, one of your friends, is in the early stages of conducting a feasibility analysis for a small business consulting company. Understanding the target audience and the marketing mix is a mandatory step for achieving success in her new venture. Branding is equally important. In this assignment, you will act as a consultant to Tracy to find the best answers to her problems related to understanding the market and planning and executing the correct marketing strategies.
Respond to the following questions:
- How would you advise Tracy to approach the following topics?
- Market segmentation
- Selection of a target market
- Development of a positioning strategy
- You are familiar with the concept of branding and know that because her company is new, she will have to build a brand from scratch. What needs to be done in this case?
- By Saturday, July 22, 2017,post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, July 26, 2017, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts who chose terms different from yours. While responding, address issues brought up in your classmates’ posts and compare them with yours.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.