Reward and Punishment
In this week’s Discussion, you and your peers will discuss justice. Justice is concerned with the fair use of rewards and punishments. You and your peers will discuss some of these issues and discuss which theory of justice is most logical and ethical.
In addition to your posted answer, be sure to comment on at least two of your classmates’ posts and participate regularly. Please seeDiscussion Expectations in the Course Announcement.
What method of reward and punishment is used in your family, and how does it fit in with the three theories? Does it work? Utilize the theories discussed in your reading.
In addition to your posted answer, be sure to comment on at least two of your classmates’ post and participate regularly. Responses to others can come in many forms and can include the following:
- Responding to the ideas or details of someone else’s responses.
- Taking a concept from the reading and applying it to life, to the reading itself, to your work, or to the questions you’re asked to answer.
- Helping a peer understand a concept from the reading.
- Sharing a story from work or your community that illustrates the reading.
- Asking questions on points you need help understanding.
- Explaining why you answered a question in a specific way.
- Pointing out how different answers took the question in different directions/noting a pattern/suggesting an explanation.
- Developing theories to explain patterns you see in the reading.
- Summarizing aspects of the assigned reading and asking for help from your peers in figuring out how you would apply this concept in a real world situation.