In this week’s assignment you work through the planning and implementation stages of the project. This will require you to determine goals, resources needed, and consider change management.
***PLEASE SEE WEEK 4 GRADING CRITERIA IN THE STUDENT ACADEMIC RESOURCE SECTION
Define an improvement goal and explain how you would measure the change.
Create a project plan, including the following: including supplies and equipment and people
- Resources needed for your project, including supplies, equipment, people
- Detailed timeframe for implementation of your project (ie. Days, months, year, etc)
- Data collection mechanisms (How will you get your data?)
- Discuss both change and nursing leadership theories to ensure success of your plan
Using a minimum of 3 scholarly/peer reviewed articles, Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation in APA format with speaker notes (slide count does not include the title and reference slide)
- 875 to 1000 -word paper in APA format (title and reference page not included in word count)
Review key quality improvement strategies to apply to this week’s assignment:
- Root Cause Analysis from The Joint Commission
- Root Cause Analysis from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis from Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Plan-Do-Study-Act from Institute for Healthcare Improvement
Note: The Failure Modes and Effects Analysis document is provided from www.IHI.org with permission of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), ©2004.
Please Note: To meet substantive post requirements, your response must be a minimum of 150 words in length and use at least one scholarly/peer reviewed reference appropriately cited per APA format in the response and referenced at the end of your post in APA format to support your response.
Explore evidence-based practice models:
- The Iowa Model of Evidence-Based Practice to Promote Quality Care from AORN Journal, Volume 103, Issue 1, January 2016, page 53, from this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings
- Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Model and PET tool from Johns Hopkins Nursing Evidence-Based Practice: Models and Guidelines
How has the EBP movement influenced nursing practice, education, and research?
Please Note: To meet substantive post requirements, your response should be a minimum of 150 words in length and use at least one scholarly/peer reviewed reference appropriately cited per APA format in the response and referenced at the end of your post in APA format to support your response.