dedicate one page per question. Use the sources you find to help you answer them. You will need use 2 primary sources (the 2 chapters from the book Tattoos of the Heart and the documentary Father G) and 2 secondary sources (sources that discuss Homeboy Industries and the gang problem in LA).
- Why LA is the gang capital of the world—what are contributing factors and whom does it affect?
- How is Boyle’s approach toward dealing with gang members different from other approaches?
- What is Boyle’s core message and why does Homeboy Industries appear to be a success?
- What do opponents say about Father Boyle (this is the counterargument)
- Finally, what do you think of Boyle’s approach and message? Is this something that could be applied to other aspects of society, other problems we face?