An important role of nursing is to provide health promotion and disease prevention. Create a 15-20-slide PowerPoint presentation on Diabetes in African American. Include speaker notes and citations for each slide and create a slide at the end for References.
Address the following:
- Describe the topic (Diabetes) and associated population (African Americans). Discuss how this topic adversely affects the population (African American). How does health disparity affect this population (African American)?
- Explain evidence-based approaches that can optimize health for this population (African American). How do these approaches minimize health disparity among affected populations (African American)?
- Outline a proposal for health education that can be used in a family-centered health promotion to address the issue for the target population (African American). Ensure your proposal is based on evidence-based practice.
- Present a general profile of at least one health-related organization for the selected focus topic (Diabetes). Present two resources, national or local, for the proposed education plan that can be utilized by the provider or the patient.
- Identify interdisciplinary health professionals important to include in the health promotion. What is their role? Why is their involvement significant?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.