Before beginning this
assignment, please make sure that you review all of the information
contained in the “Transferable Skills Project Portfolio” folder.
Throughout your education, you have been asked to research topics
and write papers, engage in thought-provoking discussions, consider
diverse perspectives, and a host of other challenges that have required
you to use both your discipline-specific skills as well as your soft
skills to show proficiency of content-related topics. These are called
transferable skills. Transferable skills are skills that you develop
that can be transferred and applied within your chosen career. Transferable skills are highly valuable and essential for career success.
It is now time to submit your “exemplar project/assignment”
and “transferable skills reflection.” To complete this assignment, you
will need to do the following:
- Please review your student “Transferable Skills Project
Portfolio” folder for important details regarding your Capstone
Portfolio and a review of the six transferable skills.
- Select an exemplary project (or assignment) from your Transferable Skills Project Collection that demonstrates your mastery of at least three
transferable skills during your time as a student at Rasmussen College;
or select your project from this course if you feel that it best
represents your mastery of at least three transferable
skills.(Utilize the Transferable Skills Rubrics to help you assess the
suitability of an assignment for demonstrating proficiency in any of the
six transferable skills).
- Make sure to
compile ALL components of your project/assignment(s) (if the project
covers several assignments, compile them all in their proper order).
Sometimes a project can span throughout several week of a course. For
example, if you have 5 assignments as part of a project, you will need
to compile ALL 5 assignments into one document/final project in proper
- You may also use your “Capstone Project” as an exemplary assignment (as long as it showcases at least 3 transferable skills).
- You want to make sure that you are submitting your best work
or the project that BEST represents the transferable skills. Refer to
the scores on the assignment rubrics under “transferable skills section
of the rubric” that your faculty member provided for you, for each
assignment. Also, be cognizant of the level of the course. The goal is
for you to show mastery of the skills. For example, if you are taking a
400 level Capstone, then maybe select a project from one of your 300 or
400 level courses.
Transferable Skills Self Reflection
- In a minimum of 2 full pages, you will need to write an essay (full introduction and conclusion paragraph), and include:
- A description of each of the transferable skills that you’ve
chosen to demonstrate proficiency of for your exemplary portfolio
- Discuss the reasons why you feel that this particular
project or assignment reflects your understanding of each skill. Be
- Describe the knowledge, skills and/or attitudes regarding
each of the transferable skills that you’ve gained as a result of
completing this particular project/assignment.
- Discuss the ways that you are going to incorporate the
transferable skills (the transferable skills that you showcased in your
exemplary project) into your work within your chosen career field.
- Describe your future goals based on the transferable skills that you’ve chosen to showcase.
- Make sure to include an APA formatted title page.
- Write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, proper tone and grammar.
you have completed your reflection assignment, you will need to add it
to the end of your exemplar project. The self-reflection should be the
last few pages of your exemplar assignment. If done correctly,
everything will be one document!
Submitting your Assignments
- Compile both your exemplary project/assignment(s), and self- reflection essay as one assignment.
- Prepare your artifact for upload to the portfolio by assigning a
file name that represents the transferable skills that are present
within the project, and save in a folder on your computer.
- Submit the final assignment to the Optimal Resume Portfolio by clicking the link hereor under the Resources tab. For Optimal Resume you may use an existing account or create a new account. See directions on setting up your portfolio on the “Creating a New Optimal Resume Account” page.If
you already have a portfolio set up and need further instructions on
submitting your project/assignments to Optimal Resume, refer to
instructions on the “Capstone Portfolio Submission Instructions” page.
- Submit your exemplary project/assignment and self-reflection essay as one Microsoft Word attachment to the drop box below.
- Paste the URL for your portfolio into the message box.