- Before we can begin to help Anytown with its opioid crisis, we need to understand how we got to this point as a nation.
Once we understand the background and causes, we can then apply that knowledge to Anytown.
In your paper, address the following:
- How widespread is this crisis? What are the national statistics on opioid use?
- Using research data, determine the states and populations most affected and the reasons for the rise of this crisis.
- How does the national data on opioid use compare to data from your own city? If there are any differences, what can they be attributed to?
- Based on your understanding thus far, what could have attributed to the rise of opioid addiction in Anytown?
The paper should be 2–3 pages, excluding title and references pages. Use current APA formatting to style your paper and to cite your sources. Integrate a minimum of two scholarly sources into the paragraphs of your paper. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)
Points: 75 points
Throughout this course and your program, you will be utilizing APA formatting.
APA formatting is a standardized way of formatting your papers and acknowledging original material such as information from journals, new articles, websites, textbooks, and more. It is important to become familiar with the standards required in APA formatting. You are given an APA pocket guide available to you as an e-text. In addition, WCU offers a wealth of writing resources including essential information on APA. Please visit the Writing Resources area under the Student Resources tab for further information. Take some time to review APA formatting and requirements this week.
The formatted reference for your textbook is:
Perrin, K. M. (2016). Essentials of planning and evaluation for public health. [Bookshelf Online]. Retrieved from https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/#/books/97812840…