According to Issues in Aging (4th ed.), federal funding for older adults has more than doubled since the 1960s. This reflects the increased number of older people and the expansion of services and programs for the elderly. These programs and services for older adults form a social safety net that ensures they receive a minimum standard of health care and income.
Create a 700- to 1,050-word brochure that describes the various sources of retirement income for older adults, including government and personal sources of income. In your brochure, include:
- Various sources of income for the older population in the United States
- Expenditures that older adults might have against this income
- What reforms to government support systems might balance the income or expenditures for older adults
- The potential economic effect of an aging population on family members who care for them
- The economic effect of an aging population on society
- Actions being taken to create more cost-effective programs for aging adults
- Consider programs covered under federal funding, various education classes for adults, or finance courses for older adults.
Include at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar articles to support your findings.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.