This assignment builds on the readings in this unit as well as the information from Units 3 and 4; your research and evaluation will be on strategic management, innovation, planning, and ethics. This assignment gives you an opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and have applied in your coursework.
Select a publicly traded organization (a different company working within a different industry than the one you used in the Unit 2 assignment) that has demonstrated success in its industry in the last five years. Using this organization, address the following:
Explain the purpose of the paper.
Recap the key points of theories covered for:
- Strategy and planning.
Compare and contrast theories within the three groups.
Case Study Company Application
- Identify an innovation strategy example (Blue Ocean, disruptive, fast second, or value) for your case study organization (within the last 5 years).
- Determine which innovation strategy theory best fits this case study organization:
- Explain what this organization did to create or develop and seize this opportunity.
- Define which innovation theory fits this opportunity (make sure the theory criteria are defined).
- Explain how you reached your conclusion. What evidence did you use to make this determination?
- Analyze the implications of the organization’s innovation strategy on growth.
- Has the organization been able to sustain success?
- What are its prospects for the future?
- Analyze how the application of strategic management and planning has played a part in defining the organization’s ongoing innovation strategies and business model.
- Analyze where and how ethics and sustainability affect the organization’s innovation strategy and execution.
What conclusions can be drawn from the theories presented and the evidence applied to your case study organization?
Your submitted paper must meet the following requirements:
- Correlate your responses to the text readings and assigned articles.
- References: A minimum of five (5) PRJ, PJ, and other references in addition to the assigned unit readings.
- Length: Minimum 1800 words.
- Format: Follow current APA guidelines for style and format; include a cover page, headings, and reference page.