Health Promotion, Chronic and Acute Illness Paper
The purpose of this Assignment is for you to gain an understanding of health promotion, screening, diagnosis, and management of common women’s health acute and chronic illnesses and to compare and contrast common versus nontraditional treatment modalities.
- Select one acute and one chronic women’s health issue . ACUTE: VULVOVAGINITIS CHRONIC: UTERINE FIBROIDS
- Describe and outline the issue, prevalence, and significance.
- Describe health promotion and screening for each issue.
- Outline diagnostic tests or laboratories needed for each issue. Elaborate on what you would expect or anticipate in the diagnostic testing with each illness you choose.
- List and describe common treatment or management modalities for each issue.
- Discuss patient education and follow up that is needed for each issue.
- Identify health screening and promotion needs for women across the lifespan specific to the chronic illness.
- For each selected issue, compare and contrast traditional versus nontraditional treatment options.
- Examine how you would collaborate with other members of the health care team for best practice.
- Please save your paper in the following format: Lastname Course Assignment Number. Example: Henry MN576 Unit 9 Assignment
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.
- be 5-10 pages in length.