Unit II Case Study
For this assignment, you will pick one of the patient scenarios below.
- 20-year-old Black female with sickle cell disease
- 20-year-old White female with recurrent headaches
- 55-year-old White male with chronic low back pain
- 60-year-old person with diabetes having neuropathic pain of a foot
- 65-year-old Black male with metastatic prostate cancer
Provide a case study about the patient you picked by addressing the following questions:
- Characterize the pain the person might be feeling.
- What might be the cause of the pain?
- What diagnostic tests might be appropriate?
- How do non-narcotic drugs affect this pain?
- What other therapies might be helpful to reduce patient pain?
- Is use of narcotics reasonable in this scenario?
- Explain how non-narcotic and narcotic drugs work in this scenario.
Reference at least two sources other than your textbook, (although you may use your textbook as a third source), and use APA Style to cite and reference them. Remember that Wikipedia is not allowed. Articles from the CSU Online Library are encouraged as are articles from the internet. Try to avoid using news articles. Here are some video tutorials that you may want to use to help with library searches and navigation: How to Find Journal Articles video Health Care Research videoRather than quoting much of your source, understand the material, write your understanding of it in your own words, and then give the citation.Your assignment must be at least two pages in length.