ITS IMPORTANT TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS !
SAMPLE OF COMPLETED HOMEWORK ATTACHED AT THE END.
Develop a 5–7-page proposal for a wellness education program for a specific population. Integrate aspects of culture, CAM and spirituality, and linguistics into the program. Explain how to market the program to the population, and explain the ethical, legal, and economic factors that can affect the health of the population.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
Health care initiatives focus on changing demographics and emerging health problems. Among the challenges faced by health care professionals are cultural and linguistic competence and the role they play in the ability to provide effective care. Health care professionals need to develop skills in conducting gap analyses within their own communities, design effective health education and wellness programs to address those gaps, and remain mindful that effective care depends on the ability to build trust within the community being served.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Explain the principles and concepts of disease prevention and health promotion for diverse and vulnerable populations.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain how educating a population about health promotion and disease prevention benefits the health and wellness for a population.
Competency 2: Develop evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention initiatives for diverse and vulnerable populations.
- (IMPORTANT) -Integrate linguistic and cultural considerations, CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality into an evidence-based wellness plan for a population.
Competency 4: Examine the ethical, legal, and economic factors related to health disparities in diverse and vulnerable populations.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe the ethical principles that can affect preventative care and health promotion.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain how local laws, federal laws, and the Affordable Health Care Act can affect preventative care and health promotion.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain the economic impact of clinical prevention and health promotion related to health disparities for a population.
Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the health care professions.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, APA formatting, and mechanics.
Your team has succeeded in demonstrating the need for a health promotion and disease prevention initiative for the population identified by your Windshield Survey assessment. Now you need to develop a proposal for a wellness education program that will help bridge the gaps in health care service delivery.
Use the Capella library and the Internet to find scholarly and professional resources that will help you propose a wellness education program for the health concern of your population. Find at least four resources to use in this assessment. You may also want to review the previous assessments you completed in this course.
Based on your Windshield Survey and Organizational Evaluation assessments, complete the following:
Design an evidence-based wellness program to address the primary health concern of the population that integrates:
- Cultural considerations: Will you need to consult with someone from the population on how to approach the delivery of your program?
- CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality considerations.
- Linguistic considerations: Will you need interpreters or translators for either written or oral presentations?
- Educational considerations: What will be the best way to educate the population?
Describe how you will market or advertise the wellness program.
- What are the benefits the program offers the population?
- Will you need incentives to ensure participation and completion of the program?
Explain the ethical, legal, and economic factors that impact the health and wellness of the population. For example:
- The ethical considerations (such as justice, non-malfeasance, and duty) that can affect preventative care and health promotion.
- Local laws, federal laws, and the Affordable Health Care Act that can affect preventative care and health promotion.
- The potential economic impact of clinical prevention and health promotion related to health disparities of your population.
The format for this assessment should be a professional proposal. If possible, ask about the format used for proposals in your organization and follow that. Follow APA formatting for your in-text citations and references.
- Include a title page and reference page. The completed assessment should be 5–7 pages in length, not including a title page and a reference page.
- Reference at least four current scholarly or professional resources.
- Use current APA format for citations and references.
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.
- Double space.