Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our company for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Long-Term Care Quality Matters
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the Section 2: Long Stay Quality Measures in the MDS 3.0 Quality Measures User’s Manual v8.0 (Links to an external site.).
The Sun Top Nursing Home is currently a 100-bed facility located in a two-story building. Due to demand, two additional two-story buildings will be opening within the next two years. When completed, the units will be 1 North, 2 North, 1 East, 2 East, 1 West, and 2 West.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) implements quality initiatives to assure quality health care for Medicare beneficiaries through accountability and public disclosure. CMS uses quality measures in its various quality initiatives that include quality improvement, pay for reporting, and public reporting. Quality measures are tools that help us measure or quantify healthcare processes, outcomes, patient perceptions, and organizational structure and/or systems that are associated with the ability to provide high-quality health care and/or that relate to one or more quality goals for health care. These goals include effective, safe, efficient, patient-centered, equitable, and timely care.
Long Stay Quality Measures
- Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents who Self-Report Moderate to Severe Pain (Long Stay)
- Percent of High-Risk Residents with Pressure Ulcers (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Assessed and Appropriately Given the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Assessed and Appropriately Given the Pneumococcal Vaccine (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents with a Urinary Tract Infection (Long Stay)
- Percent of Low-Risk Residents Who Lose Control of Their Bowels or Bladder (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Who Have/Had a Catheter Inserted and Left in Their Bladder (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Who Were Physically Restrained (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Whose Need for Help with Activities of Daily Living Has Increased (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Who Lose Too Much Weight (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents Who Have Depressive Symptoms (Long Stay)
- Percent of Long-Stay Residents Who Received An Antipsychotic Medication. (RTI International, 2019)
The Chief Nursing Officer/Director of Quality Improvement is concerned that as the facility expands, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Long Stay Quality Measures results will reflect negatively upon the facility. The quality of care of the facility is good, but documentation in the MDS 3.0 is often with errors or omissions. The Chief Nursing Officer requested assistance in comparing the MDS 3.0 documentation with information abstracted after the resident’s discharge in preparation to a new training initiative for the staff hiring anticipated with the building expansion. For this assignment,
- Review the quality indicators and select two of the quality measures.
Create a proposal to compare and contrast the MDS 3.0 findings with the information abstracted after the resident’s discharge.
- Determine the number of resident cases to be used in the study.
- Identify the codes abstracted from the residents’ health records related to each selected quality measure.
- Identify data that is not currently abstracted from the health records related to each selected quality measure.
- Outline the end of study report format.
The Long-Term Care Quality Matters assignment
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center resources.
Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Once you get frustrated and struggling to accomplish your work on time, you need online assignment help. We understand your needs and provides you with reliable writing specialists to complete your projects at an affordable price.
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper